Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I finished Eternity's Child (Chapter 1) on saturday. I then decided to add gamepad support too, on sunday. Personally, I hate playing with the gamepad, since it's bloody hard to aim compared to the mouse.This proves two things in my opinion. 1: I still hate playing games in general with gamepads; 2: This game was designed around the wiimote/mouse; That said, despite my relative inexperience using analog sticks for games, I got the control style to the point where I find it nearly as easy as using the mouse. This was the last new feature I'll be adding to the first release of EC, hopefully the testers find it useful.

All that's left for EC is minor dialog changes, there's no code left to write. It's been a while since I got any crash reports, and there are no bugs left which I'm aware of. I also had time to add 2 maps of my own, not counting the training map. One of them is the classic "stay on the moving platform or die" type of level, with a small twist. The other is a forest/swamp style map which turned out very well. In all, there are 20 levels in this chapter, counting the smaller map used for the boss fight.

1 comment:

Luc Bernard said...

Sadly I can't try that out when I want to